X

News_Release

Mumbai Trans Harbor Link: India’s Longest Sea Bridge Inaugurated

Last Updated on 12th January 2024

On January 12th, Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the Mumbai Trans Harbour Link, also known as the Atal Setu Bridge. The bridge is considered the longest sea bridge in India, spanning 22 km. The six-laned bridge is set to significantly reduce travel time between Sewri and Chirle to under 20 minutes.

 

Mumbai Trans Harbor Link: India’s Longest Sea Bridge Inaugurated

 

Atal Setu, with an estimated project cost of USD 2.5 billion, aims to address persistent traffic issues by offering a quicker and more efficient route for daily commuters in Mumbai.

 

Find Bridge Construction
Projects and Tenders in India Get Started Now!

 

The primary objective of the project is to enhance connectivity within the Mumbai Metropolitan Region, covering Thane, Palghar, Raigad, and Mumbai districts. Atal Setu will connect Mumbai and Navi Mumbai, alleviating congestion on the existing route over the Vashi bridge.

 

Featuring a 16.5 km sea link and viaducts on land at either end totaling 5.5 km, Atal Setu is India’s first sea bridge with an open road tolling system, allowing vehicles to pass toll booths without stopping.

 

The Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority, in partnership with the Japan International Cooperation Agency, covered 80 percent of the project cost, while the central and state governments were responsible for the remaining 20 percent.

 

Read: Ongoing Mega Infrastructure Projects in India

 

About MMRDA

 

Mumbai Trans Harbor Link: India’s Longest Sea Bridge Inaugurated

 

The Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority (MMRDA) is a crucial organization dedicated to the infrastructure development and regional planning of the Mumbai Metropolitan Region (MMR). Established in 1975 by the Government of Maharashtra, MMRDA functions as an autonomous planning and development body. Some of the upcoming projects of MMRDA include:

 

 

Read: Atal Setu, the Longest Sea Bridge in India: Everything You Should Know

 

Discover more such projects with ease.

Are you looking for a platform that gives you reliable, high-quality, and timely project insights for the Latest Bridge (Viaduct) Construction Projects in the India Region?

 

Discover the Global Project Tracking (GPT) platform by Blackridge Research, designed to provide you with the most recent Bridge (Viaduct) Construction Projects in the Indian Region better and faster across various stages of development:

  • Upcoming projects
  • Tender Notices
  • Contract award announcements
  • Projects in progress or under construction
  • Successfully completed projects.

 

The user-friendly interface helps you obtain early-stage awareness of projects and find the right business opportunity quickly.

 

Each project will have all the essential details, such as scope, capacity, CapEx, status, project description, companies involved, funding information, location, periodic updates, important event dates like construction start date, commissioning dates, and key contact information of project owners and stakeholders.

 

The database is a vital resource for a wide range of entities, including developers, EPC Companies, project owners, Operation and Maintenance (O&M) companies, data analytics and software providers, consulting and advisory firms, investors, infrastructure investment firms, project finance agencies, research and development organizations, regulatory bodies, and law firms.

 

Book a Free demo to learn more about the Bridge (Viaduct) Construction Projects in the Indian Region database and how we can help you achieve your goals.

How can we help
you today?

CONTACT AN EXPERT